If you’re a rancher, you probably have heard accidental stories associated with electrical fences. We have heard them too. But such stories, unfortunately, are nothing but myths. To burst the bubbles of myths, here we have shared some facts in this post.
A shock from an electric fence is harmful
Do you believe the shock from electric fences is harmful to animals? If you just nod, you’re not alone. Many people believe in this misconception. The shock from electric fences is never harmful or painful but merely an annoyance they experience due to sudden mild shock. Animals learn to respect the line of the border not because of fear but to avoid the memorable discomfort.
Everything that touches the fence experiences the shock
This is one of the most common myths out of all. Even many new ranchers inquire about it whenever they plan to fence their grounds. Unless the circuit is complete, neither animals nor people could experience the shock. The ground is one of the most important components when it comes to fencing. That’s why birds sitting on the fence never experience a shock from the electric fence. When the fence isn’t grounded properly, no one feels powerful shocks and sometimes, nothing at all.
Horses can’t see the electric fences
Even for humans, spotting fence wires from a distance is difficult. Ranchers always worry about their horses might get shocks from fences as their eyes are located on the side of the head, with a vision roughly about 20/33. But it’s not like horses can’t see them. If you’re still not convinced, rather than investing in high-tensile wire, explore a wide variety of options – from poly tape electric fence to poly rope electric fence – on Electric Fence, highly recommended for equine. Besides been practically visible, these wires are safer and horse-friendly.
If you’re new to the electric fence and not sure where to start from, visit Electric Fence to look at their wide collection.